Wednesday, November 13, 2013

It's a Municipal Liquor Store

Not only am I a bartender, I also work at a liquor store.  No, it isn't two jobs, its one.  I work at a Muni.  The city owns and runs both businesses out of the same building and office space.  My paychecks actually come from the city, and my recent raise had to be approved by the city council.
People younger than 40 or have never lived in a small town sometimes don't understand the concept.  The other day a guy walked in the front door and saw the counter for the liquor store.  If you go through the next door, you are in the bar.  The liquor store isn't the traditional store where you walk around and fill your cart yourself...you stand at the window and tell me what you want and I bring it to you.  Complete pain in the ass when the bar is busy and Mr. & Mrs. Indecisive can't agree on what kind of beer they want to take home.
The guy stood there for a second, so I thought he wanted off-sale.  I went over to the window and said "What can I get for you?"
"Is this where you buy beer, like to go?"  I nodded.
"Like a liquor store?"  I nod again.
"Cool."
He then walked into the bar, mind blown, and ordered a beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment