Monday, November 18, 2013

Beer doesn't help his cause...

There is a married couple among the regulars, I see them both almost every shift.  Tonight they were hilarious...
Guy was outside, checking out a deer that one of the town teenagers shot yesterday, his wife was still in the bar with a half empty drink.  I asked if they were staying and she said she was going to wait for Guy to come back in and see what he wanted to do.  His beer was empty, sitting on the bar.
He comes back in a few minutes later, and I ask him if he wants another.  He glances at her glass, looks back at me and says "Nah, I think we're done, gonna head out."
So, to see if I can keep them around a bit longer, I say "That's not what your wife says, she wants another one."  She smiles and looks at him and says coyly "Can I have one more?"  Guy smiles, and points to his crotch.  This is funny because they are older, and you just don't expect older folks to make jokes like that.
They both stayed, had another round.  Then Guy decides he's going to head out.  They always drive separate because they stop in after work before going home.  So Guy's wife, another customer and I are chatting about how she seems to get drunk faster here than in other bars.  She thinks its because the other bar only has Pepsi and we have Coke.  I convince her its really because the other bar just has a shitty bartender.
Guy's wife says, "You always make my drinks lighter though, right?"
I tell her, "No, Guy tips me better when I make your drinks stronger."
She laughs and says, "He's wasting his money then, it doesn't help his cause one bit..."

No comments:

Post a Comment